Please find below details of the settings fees policy and structure, please contact us directly should you have any questions or to arrange a viewing.
Fees from September 2015
· A £25.00
non-refundable registration fee, for all bookings other than those 100% funded
by EYEE, is required to secure and reserve placements.
Per hour for children aged 0-24 months, with a 10% discount £4.50, with a 20%
discount £4 (see discounts)
Per hour for children aged over 24months, with a 10% discount £4.05, with a 20%
discount £3.60 (see discounts)
Per hour for Holiday club bookings/children
attending school (from term they start school), with a 10% discount £3.24, with
a 20% discount £2.88 (see discounts)
For School Lunch, served at 12.00 midday, this is optional, and you can send
your child in with a packed lunch from home as an alternative, although it must
not contain food that requires either cooking or heating up.
for Tea, served at 5.00pm, again this is optional.
- All fees are inclusive of all the additional sessions ran
through the week/year, such as Spanish, Music sessions and Animal and
entertainer visits etc, morning and afternoon snacks, all drinks (water,
milk and fruit juice), nappies, wipes, sun cream and sun hats.
- Fees are charged by the hour (not by the session) and any
extra/extended sessions are charged at the same hourly rates.
- Bills are issued at the beginning of each term for that term,
you can then spread the total due into equal monthly amounts or pay for the term upfront in advance.
- Fees can be made by cheque, cash or BACS (please ask for
account details). If paying by cash please ask a member of staff for a
receipt to serve as proof of payment, as no other proof of payment will be
accepted, cheques are not accepted after the 15th of the month
- Payment is expected by the 15th of each month. Other
payment dates and arrangements (weekly etc) can be arranged in writing
- If full payment has not been received by midday on the last
working day of the month then your child’s placement will be suspended
until full payment is received, this may result in loss of your child’s
place as we have waiting lists for most days.
- You are required to give two weeks notice, in writing, if and
when you wish to leave Tom Thumb, this must then be paid in full, even if
your child did not attend, along with your final bill.
- Any bad debts (once a child has left) will be referred to
Daniels Silverman Limited for collection. Referred debts will be subject
to a surcharge of 20% plus VAT to cover collection costs incurred. The
surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees will be the
responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable.
- There is a minimum requirement of three hours per day, and six
hours per week, this does not apply to Holiday club bookings.
- Lunch time sessions are only available for bookings of four or
more hours per day.
- Children’s session start and end times, must be either on the
half hour or the hour, no quarter to or quarter past sessions will be
- Sessions in the morning can start no later than half past ten
and we do not accept bookings that start at twelve, unless the child is
having a packed lunch.
- As a general rule we do not accept variable bookings as all
children are required to have set weekly hours, which with notice in
writing may change if needed. Extra and extended sessions are sometimes
available as long as maximum numbers and child to adult ratios are not
compromised. However, if a variable booking is needed, due to working
hours changing then this can be arranged with either Claire or Becky.
Time only Bookings (matching the school terms)
- All term time only bookings must be agreed, prior to
registering, by Mrs. Claire Townsend the Managing Director.
- We do accept reductions/changes to hours in between funding, these must be stated in writing on the EYEE/ELP parental contract
If Fees are paid in full each
month we offer 10% discount off total invoice for siblings and a single (or twins) booking
of 25 hours or more per week and a 20% discount off total invoice for a single (or
twins) booking of 40 hours or more per week and a joint booking of 50 hours or
more per week
No discount or refund is given
for part attendance of a pre-booked session or any holidays or sickness, but days or hours can be swapped to another day if available
we do not charge for the days we are closed (bank holidays and between and including, Christmas eve and new years day)
EYEE and EYLP funding
- We are registered with OFSTED to deliver the Early Years Foundation
Stage curriculum and therefore can claim the Early Years Education Entitlement
and the Early Years Learning Place entitlement from ESCC
- This entitlement will pay for a maximum of 570 free hours per
year, from the term after your child’s third birthday, or second birthday
if you qualify for the 2 year old EYLP, please ask Emma, Claire or Becky
- Any hours in addition to the 570 free hours are paid at normal
- All other nursery fees and placement policies and procedures
still apply to children claiming their EYEE or EYLP
- There are currently two EYEE offers:
- 38 week offer, for a maximum of 15 hours per week over a
minimum of two days, during school terms and in-between funding parents
can choose to reduce hours, stay the same or not attend.
- Stretched offer, the 570 hours are split into 3 termly amounts (autumn term 210 hours, spring term 150 hours and summer term210 hours) and deducted from your termly invoice, this offer is available to all children claiming the 15 hours with us who attend for extra hours on top of the funded 15.
How we Compare
Musicbugs, little kickers and littlerugby sessions each week are at no extra cost.
we are one of the only nurseries in Eastbourne to not have set session times and charge parents by the hour for the hours they need.
Flexible EYEE/ELP offers, we simply deduct your free entitlement from the entitlement from the hours you choose, rather then having set funding times.
No hidden top up fees for EYEE funded children, we charge the same hourly rate for hours on top of your funded hours as all other +24 month children.
Small registration fee per family, not per child and no fees required up front.
Excellent Discount schemes.
No need to pay for when we are closed
as long as we can staff it, you can swap it!! we are happy to swap sessions if others are available when your child needs to miss a regular session.
We accept voucher payments from all childcare voucher schemes and understand the delays with Tax credits